Cozy outdoor area close to the inbound mainline track and overlooking the raised track.
Grassy Knoll is an overflow area which, by chance, has evolved to be a very popular spot.
The cost for is $125.00. Parties are limited to 25 guests. More CANNOT be accommodated
because of the physical constraints of this spot. Our online booking facility will be available
to you as of January 7. Two time slots are available for events: the first is 11:00 AM to 1:00PM and the other
is 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. Included in your Grassy Knoll Package are the following: (also see fine print at bottom):
Check availability and Book Online Now or;
- Semi-private area with the use of four picnic tables with umbrellas
- 25 interpretive journeys for your guests. Tickets do not have an expiry date and
can be used on other run days
- Additional tickets available at our standard prices
- Two Reserved Parking Stalls located at the North East end of the Split Rail
Fence for your use
- Events are scheduled for a 2 hour time slot with an additional 30 minutes grace
before and after for you to set up and subsequently vacate the premises. Please aim to
show up 30 minutes before our 11AM or 2PM party time slots in order to take full
advantage of the time slot
- This location is WEATHER DEPENDENT. We strongly
suggest that you have alternate plans in place in case of bad weather
(see the "Fine Print" at the bottom of this page)
- Washrooms are located on the south side of the main station facing the parking lot.
- Also BBQs WILL be available for your use at this site as of 2022.
In case you have any additional questions, email us at
Make sure to include a phone number where you can be contacted.
This site is conveniently located very close to the station where one
can observe lots of moving trains and activity on the station platform and tracks.
The site also overlooks the raised track where smaller steam engines are often active.
"The fine Print" (Please read):
- All reservations are subject to a $75 Deposit within 10 days of your booking request.
Otherwise you will be advised and your reservation will be cancelled
- The remaining $50 is due on or, preferably, before the day of your event
- Cancellations before 3 weeks (21 calendar days) prior to the event date are eligible
for a refund of the Deposit and/or Full Payment
- Cancellations within 3 weeks (21 calendar days) prior to the event date are subject
to a non-refundable deposit
- In the event the park is not operating for any reason, any payment will be refunded in
full within 4-6 weeks
- Alcohol, Smoking, Pets, and personal BBQ's or Hibachis are strictly forbidden anywhere
on park premises
- Weather in Alberta can change very quickly. We simply cannot advise
anyone one day, or even one hour, in advance as to whether we will be
operating, or not
- Always check our
Facebook page for any late breaking updates.